Thursday, July 28, 2011

Tree huggers...

Not the 'save the trees from logging' kind of tree hugger, more the.... keep it warm and stylishly fabulous type tree hugger, made by Mum and the Ladies in the Manly craft group up north.

Inspired by Van Gogh's 'Starry Starry Night', is this fabulous piece of work that fits in perfectly with my tree challenge. T'was not there intention to make such amazing work for my wee challenge, just a timely creation really, that fits in with my theme.

This piece is part of the exhibition called Jumpers and Jazz. An exciting event where the streets are filled with jazz and the town center in Warwick Qld, has all it's tree's dressed up for 10 days from the 21st July onwards.

A previous years entry by the Federal Kids Zone After School Care.
Image via Jumpers and Jazz.

The festival ends on Sunday with 'picnic in the park' an event with craft markets, music, food and wine. I was lucky enough to be up there a few years back for the event and grabbed some great handmade goodies on a beautiful sun shining day.

A fun example of Yarn bombing at the festival.
Image via Jumpers and Jazz

Such a great idea for the crafty community to display there many talents.
Thanks for joining in Mum.
Jay xx

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jay,
    So I've been visiting your gorgeous blog devoted to all sorts of crafty things and I love it. You won't find that much craft on my blog, it's more sort of general with smidgens of craft in there.
    I've had fun looking and I must say I adore your Pinterest boards. Gorgeous,
    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing information on this blog, i have visited your blog great post....!!!!

    Kitchen cabinets warwick qld











    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to drop by. I'd love to hear from you and have the chance to discover your blog too, so drop me a line anytime (: