Tuesday, July 17, 2012

New wool ...

I needed to add new wool to my little stash, 
so took my trusty $20 off voucher to spottie on the weekend and got some.


 I had finished another beanie during the week in this cluster design, 


So applied my new cluster skills to use the same pattern for a cowl
 in this awesome Dijon color I picked up.


I then made ...and remade a cowl in an awesome 12ply rusty color. But it still looks terrible, So I'm researching a good pattern to use on a chunky wool. Anything tight or delicate is just lost on such a thick wool. It needs to be really open I think, so it keeps it's drape.

I tell you, in the time I've spent making and undoing this rusty one I could have finished all the other colors.
But I will not be defeated, Oh rusty wool. I will make you beautiful.
Jay xx

2 comments:

  1. I kind of love crocheting something and then immediately unravelling it to make something else. I get to use the wool again! Two projects for the price of one!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to drop by. I'd love to hear from you and have the chance to discover your blog too, so drop me a line anytime (: